And so we begin. Tune the instruments. Tighten the screws. Hitch up the horses. Wash the car and change the oil. We are going on a journey.
Every once in a while I want to go. Somewhere. Anywhere. I would like to travel, maybe even to exotic places. I read a blog from someone who had went to the Amazon. This couple travels to places like the Amazon, and I’m not talking about the store, so I enjoy reading what about their experiences. It’s exciting. Sometimes though I wonder if I don’t enjoy the thought of having been a world traveler more than I really want to travel.
The thought of commuting gives me a headache. All of the packing and catching planes and ticket purchasing and money exchanges. Just the thought makes my head want to explode. I remember various trips I’ve taken just inside the states.
I have started a travel fund. I thought I’d save up the money and then I’d be ready. No more excuses. Well at least not that one. I’m sure I could come up with another if I needed to. My main problem with travelling is that I don’t want to go alone. Very boring. Interacting with another person is some of what makes it special. I know, there are those who will argue with me about it, but I’m such a loner in the rest of my life that I can talk myself out of going and doing the activities during the trip. So imagine I’m in my hotel room in Paris and I can’t leave the room because I’m tired. Who will shove me out the door to go have coffee at the bistro down the street? I need someone who is excited about getting out and seeing the sights. I don’t want to go constantly but some is necessary or otherwise why go at all?
I found this http://www.sixthman.net/ and it looks interesting. I’d enjoy listening to music and meeting the band. I can drink and be a groupie for a couple of days.
- Tips on How to Travel with Friends and Remain Friendly (theweekendinparis.com)
- 5 Travel Buddies You Must Avoid At All Costs (mydreamholidayblog.wordpress.com)
- The Pros and Cons of Traveling Solo (travelingmisslazy.com)
- Writing a Travel wish List: How Hard Can it Be? (travelwithmolly.wordpress.com)
- Better the mind through learning and the spirit through travel… (usqedu.wordpress.com)
- Paris is always a good idea (godlikeroy.com)
- International Travel (flyingamerican.wordpress.com)